Monday, April 9, 2012

Crazy Easter Weekend

Easter will get its own post. We had a great dinner, and egg hunt with the kids, but this post is to share some news about the whole weekend… and be fairly short!

It all started Friday with a note from our CFO. “The office will be closing at 3:00, enjoy the early start to your weekend”

We were all thrilled, and started to wrap up any projects we were working on. By about 3:02 I was out the door. The weather was beautiful, and I headed home down the highway.

No sooner had I finished singing along horribly to the first verse of fly like an eagle, did I realize, that a car was suddenly next to me, and we were in the same lane, and he was doing about 200MPH, and … oh S#&%!!!!!

At 65 MPH I did 2 full 360 degree donuts and crashed myself into the median.
Because there was no collision I was charged with failure to yield.. The other guy didn’t stop.



Uninjured (thank God) I go home, and Day 2 starts.

I worked on my car most of the morning, while Heather was out shopping for groceries. When she got home, we received some news.

We had decided to have another baby, but didn’t expect it to happen for a while, sure enough, the pregnancy test she took was positive! WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!

To answer your question, yes, I am just a little excited.

I refer to the boys affectionately as #1 and #2 , signifying nothing more that simply their birth order.

On easter Sunday, I made a half pink half blue egg, and called it “#3”



Finally to cap off the weekend, we had an amazing morning of worship at church, then went to my in-laws house for a spiral ham dinner.

It include roasted brussel sprouts, grilled carrots, buns, home made mac and cheese, and an arugula, spinach feta strawberry salad!



I will post something all about Easter, but as I said, with all this news, I had to write about the weekend as a whole.

Near death Friday, New Life Saturday, and a Sunday with family to celebrate that Jesus did both all at once.

He died, only to rise again, providing us with new life. And that is a good reason to celebrate. And celebrate we did!!

5 comments:

  1. What a weekend, indeed! Sorry to hear about the crash, but glad that you're ok. Cars can be fixed or replaced, but life is precious.
    CONGRATS on your big news for #3 (love the egg!)!!!
    Your weekend was full of excitement. Thanks so much for sharing.
    I'm a new follower (can't believe I hadn't followed before) from EBT. =) Glad to be here.
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I thought my weekend was jam packed! So sorry to hear about your accident :(. But HUGE CONGRATS on having another baby on the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! That's a lot happening at once! I'm glad you weren't hurt in the accident and CONGRATS on baby #3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that super sucks about ur car accident, but at least u weren't hurt! and another baby! how exciting :) congrats and good luck!

    brittany

    prettylittlevintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the car accident....ouch and glad your okay:))
    And that is so exciting about baby #3....congratulations!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for a little girl. I am due in just 4 weeks with our third boy and I am still hoping he comes out a girl...hehehe. Either way it's still exciting...congrats again!

    ReplyDelete