Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fly Manchester

This morning I got a up a bit earlier than a normal weekday. That is because rather than my standard 45 minute drive in to Portland for work, I headed an hour and a half in the opposite direction to The Manchester New Hampshire airport.

While the drive was a bit long, it was worth it as I was going there to pick up my mother. She lives in Ecuador where she is a full time missionary, but she is in town here for a few days.
When I arrived I was very surprised with the area available to watch the runway. It is amazing, there are plants and wooden rocking chairs in a circular deck flooded with sun from 180 degrees of windows. I sat and rocked and watched her plane land. Pretty cool.
So if you are planning to visit the upper New England area, consider the Manchester Airport as it is a great place to see, and it is cheaper than flying to Boston.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a splendid view! We don't have anything quite as nice here at JFK airport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I fly into airports that have cool art or beautiful views. :)

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    Melissa
    www.bubbyandbean.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the rocking chairs in the airport!! The photograph captured the atmosphere ;-)

    XoXo,

    Vicki
    http://nostalgiccollections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see a cool airport. Most of them are getting drearier by the second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never saw that area, but I guess I was always the one flying out.

    ReplyDelete